March 28, 2009 1 Comment
“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”
That’s cool, he thought. Then he noticed a smudge underneath inscription. Upon further investigation, with the borrowing of a World Enlarger from his engineering buddy Anabelle, he discovered that it was no smudge. It was just really fine print:
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Samuel sighed, and realized, he had some work to do….
Ah yes, Klinderas, the author of Slow Wolf, was kind enough to bestow this prestigious award on me. It appears I have some work to do. And given that he took one of my posts and retooled it for his use, I’ll take his approach of following the second and third “requirement” of the award out of order.
– 10 Honest Things about me –
- In WoW I stab things; in the real world I’m a musician who teaches students in the 6 – 11 year old range. It’s something I never saw myself doing in high school or college, but it’s incredible amounts of fun, and I never have to take myself too seriously. Besides, my students think I’m a rock star.
- I watch this regularly and let it run long enough that it’s out of sync with the music. In fact, it’s playing right now.
- When I’m in game, writing here or teaching my students, I’ve got no issue expressing myself. When I’m around people in real life, especially people I don’t know, I’m extremely introverted.
- I write the blog for two reasons, to express my thoughts, and to be as helpful as possible.
- Ultimate Frisbee is my favorite sport to play, and in my opinion the greatest sport known to mankind. Just try not to tell that to College Football, I wouldn’t want him to get jealous and leave me next season.
- I’ve been happily married since the summer of 2006. My wife puts up with me, and even got into the game to play with me. Turns out she’s a good healer too.
- If I’m working on a post away from my computer, I prefer yellow legal sized pads of paper and one of my many fountain pens filled with blue-black ink. I figure, if I’m going to be writing a post by hand, I should be doing it with the finest instrument possible.
- I really do know how to solve a Rubik’s Cube. It was something I taught myself to do in College. One of my friends was blind, and she had a braille cube (sides had different symbols). That was all the inspiration I needed to learn.
- On the musical front, and I’ll use wow terms to help those of the non-musical persuasion, I play a Saxophone as my main, and have many alts such as Flute, Piano, Guitar, Voice, Drums, and many other lower level alts. On that note, I think music is for everyone. If you ever feel the urge to play an instrument, do it, and work at it. I doubt you’ll regret it.
- My favorite things include, but are not limited to: the color yellow, cheeseburgers, music of almost any genre, the beach, the mountains, and chocolate chip cookies.
– 7 Bloggers Who Deserve This Award –
- BigRedKitty – I’ve been reading BRK for a long time now, and was actually fortunate enough to be one of the people that got the 1,000,000th hit screenshot. He’s always entertaining and informative, and he’s gets to work with the Space Shuttle. I guess that makes him a Rocket Scientist. His (original) Hunter Guide Movies on low level Huntering gave me the inspiration to level my Hunter. Now if I could just find Loque’nahak.
- Rohan – Blessing of Kings is one of the most well written blogs on the internet. Rohan’s commentary mostly involves Paladins and the game in general. It was a very sad day when BoK got blocked at work 😦
- Ferarro – Ah, Paladin Schmaladin. Apparently the best writers in the WoW blog scene play Paladins. Ferarro is very knowledgeable about all things Paladin. Her blog is very entertaining to read, and I think she’d do fine if she wanted to have a career in graphics design (based on her positioning diagrams). Graphics teasing aside, her blog is rich in both content and laughs, which is why I stop by daily.
- Euripedes – Critical QQ is a Mage blog written with some seriously personality. I check in daily, and never know what I’m going to find. Sometimes I learn something new, and other times I get a good laugh. I do know that my Mage is getting close to Outland, and I’ve got a certain frost leveling guide to thank for it.
- Dianer – Forever a Noob is a very well written, and informative blog. We actually have a lot in common. We both play the game with our family and are teachers among other things. His most recent exploits involving the Rogue’s roles in Naxxramus are a must read for any Rogue that wants to perform well.
- Big Bear Butt – BBB is a great writer, and writes on many topics other than being a Bear. I’ve enjoyed reading his blog and the wide variety of topics he’s covered from Druids and Hunters, to Guilds and interactions with other Players. Probably my favorite post of all time was his analysis of a guild application that he found somewhere. It was priceless. I’ll have to go look that up after this post is done.
- Phaelia – I saved the best for last, though it’s bittersweet, as Resto4Life is closing down. My original blog was hosted at Blogger, and sat for months with no activity. Phae wrote a post about getting a blog started, and it was all the inspiration I needed to get this site up an running. If It weren’t for her, you wouldn’t be here right now. So thanks, Phae, and congratulations on your “Sprouting Seed.” We’ll miss you.
I think that I’ve finally finished the requirements of the award! I hope you enjoyed learning a few odds and ends about the guy behind the Rogue. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some gaming to do. 🙂
Samueltempus casts Vanish